Re: Why not push to stable?

* martin f krafft (madduck@debian.org) [040626 15:55]:
> Note that I am not trying to undermine or criticise or change the
> Debian security policy. I just want to understand it.

For example, if the packages would be pushed into stable, when would
the official CD-images be updated? After each security update?

But, AFAIK, there are discussion about restricting files in
stable-proposed-updates to _accepted_ contributions for the next
stable release. If this would be done, than you could just add s-p-u
to your list first, and security.d.o second, and it would work for
you. (Warning: Currently, any DD could upload anything to s-p-u, and
not all packages there are accepted into stable. So, it might be
considered a bad idea to add this to the sources.list.)

Vheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/