Re: Why not push to stable?

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 at 08:52:47AM -0400, martin f krafft wrote:
> After all, stable without security.d.o is a bad idea. Therefore,
> there will be only few exceptions of systems that don't have both in
> sources.list. So then I ask what the advantages are of keeping
> stable static at all costs? It seems to me to be somewhat purely
> academic.

This is why at install time people are asked "Would you like to add
s.d.o to your apt sources........"

As strange as it may seem, some people may not.  By following your
suggestion we would be forcing this behavior on them.  People use Debian
(partially) because they like the wide range of control it offers them.
If you take away some of that control then it diminishes the reason why
some ppl prefer Debian.

--
Phillip Hofmeister

PGP/GPG Key: