Re: Unusual spam recently - hummm

Incoming from Rick Moen:
> Quoting s. keeling (keeling@spots.ab.ca):
>
> > However, I _would_ like to STOP it from being delivered at all, as
> [snip]
> > What's it going to cost my ISP to implement this?  Is it feasible for
> > an ISP to implement this?
>
> Is it feasible for them _not_ to?  ;->

Yes.  The problem with Alvin's solution is it only looks at the crap
that spammers send.  A lot of legitimate mail does all the silly
things that spammers do, and users do want to receive that mail.  Add
to that all the broken-ness of many mail systems and you're left with
little to count on.

You and I may see no legitimate point to html mail, but ordinary users
do.  I ordinarily couldn't care less about html mail, but if it
contains a job offer you bet I want to see it.

The same is true for undisclosed-recipients: and "From "'s that don't
match mailhosts.  For a big organization with thousands of users,
what's Spam is not really all that easy to quantify.

- -