Re: Unusual spam recently - hummm

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, s. keeling wrote:

> > why is your spam filter allowing 3 basic "spam signs" thru ??
> > 	- email to "undisclosed-recipients" should be bounced
> >
> > 	- email from non-existent hosts should be bounced
> > 	host-69-145-228-124.client.bresnan.net
> >
> > 	- email from easqtl@qwest.net should be bounced since
> > 	its not coming from bresnan.net
>
> Assuming my incoming mail is POPped off my ISP's mailhost and my
> outgoing mail goes to my ISP's mailhost, how do I implement this?

if you do NOT have control of your own MTA for your domain, than you're on
your own

and yes .. everybody has different "anti-spam rules" one implements
depending on your tolerance level, or network configs

> If I can't, what does my ISP have to do to implement this?

ISP will probably NOT provide spam filtering, becuase of legal issues
that they can easily be in deep kaa-kaa if they start "editing" what
users can send/receive .... ( long running legal issues vs just
letting thing flow un-touched

c ya
alvin