Re: Unusual spam recently - hummm

Incoming from Alvin Oga:

> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, s. keeling wrote:
>
> > > why is your spam filter allowing 3 basic "spam signs" thru ??
> > > 	- email to "undisclosed-recipients" should be bounced
> > >
> > > 	- email from non-existent hosts should be bounced
> > > 	host-69-145-228-124.client.bresnan.net
> > >
> > > 	- email from easqtl@qwest.net should be bounced since
> > > 	its not coming from bresnan.net
> >
> > If I can't, what does my ISP have to do to implement this?
>
> ISP will probably NOT provide spam filtering, becuase of legal issues

My ISP does provide spam filtering; spamassassin marks crap on the
mailhost and procmail moves it to my spamfile.  I can review it there
via webmail and blow it away without downloading it.

However, I _would_ like to STOP it from being delivered at all, as
defined by simple rules like those above.  As far as I can tell, this
must be done in the SMTP negotiation phase.  What's it going to cost
my ISP to implement this?  Is it feasible for an ISP to implement
this?

- -