Re: Will 2.4.20 Source be patched for the latest kernel vulnerability?

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:28:08 -0800, Johannes Graumann wrote:

> ... but on a second thought: how do I find this information out ion my own
> and what does "SMP" stand for?

The kernel image will install the .config file it was compiled with in
/boot as config-<version>.  This file will tell you what was compiled into
the kernel, and what modules are available.  This can keep you entertained
for hours :)

SMP stands for symmetrical multi-processor, i.e., more than one cpu in
your machine.

--
First Impressions are Bunk.