Re: Will 2.4.20 Source be patched for the latest kernel vulnerability?

> ... but on a second thought: how do I find this information out ion my
> own and what does "SMP" stand for?

my understanding is that all of the post-k6/III CPUs from AMD are K7-ish.
[well, the 32-bit non-AMD64 cpus anyway... if there are other quirks *I*
would like to know.] you'd know if you had a k6-III, i expect, too -
they're at least a couple years old now (more like four).

SMP = symmetric multi-processing.  you'd know if you had that, probably :)

--elijah