Re: Debian + Verisign's .com/.net hijack

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:57:16AM +0100, Andy Coates wrote:
> They've put a wildcard DNS entry for .com and .net to resolve to their
> product called "SiteFinder" which offers a IE/MSN like "Did you mean
> to type ...." services.
>
> So any domain that doesn't exist, or in the PENDING/DELETE states, or has
> no nameservers associated with it, now resolves.

 Not with IPv6.  One more reason to make the switch. :)

llama]~$ host -t AAAA kjlasjlasdf.com
kjlasjlasdf.com AAAA record currently not present
llama]~$ host         kjlasjlasdf.com
kjlasjlasdf.com     	      A	64.94.110.11

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)