Re: Debian + Verisign's .com/.net hijack

Dale Amon (amon@vnl.com) wrote:
> What precisely have they done? I'd not heard about
> their latest idiocy...
>
> [I note that I just got html mail from them about
>  a domain renewal... I just delete html mail
>  without reading.]

They've put a wildcard DNS entry for .com and .net to resolve to their
product called "SiteFinder" which offers a IE/MSN like "Did you mean
to type ...." services.

So any domain that doesn't exist, or in the PENDING/DELETE states, or has
no nameservers associated with it, now resolves.

Andy.