Re: grsec patch over debian 2.4.20 kernel

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:46:13AM -0400, John Keimel wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 03:17:56PM +0300, Ted Bukov wrote:
> > I got the last 2.4.20 kernel with apt-get install. I want to patch
> > it with grsec, but I met many times the follow message: "Reversed
> > (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]" When I
> > answered "yes" to all questions, the kernel compilation had failed.
> > I think grsec patch have conficts with already patched debian kernel
> > source, so is there any debian kernel sources with grsec applied? I
> > don't want to use plain (vanilla) kernel, because of its ptrace
> > vulnerability.
> I know that I had some issues when I put together my kernel, but I got
> them resolved. Turned out that my kernel, at the time, wasn't proved
> to be supported by grsec, yet.
>
> Looking at the downloads section of grsecurity's website,
> www.grsecurity.net and notice their latest version was published only
> two days ago, grsecurity-1.9.9g-2.4.20.patch .

Bah. That's typical. Just after I upload a 1.9.9f
kernel-patch-2.4-grsecurity package they update the patch. I'll try to
get a g release uploaded in the next few days.

FWIW the kernel-patch-2.4-grsecurity 1.9.9f package is against Debian's
kernel-source-2.4.20 package, so doesn't include the ptrace fix as
that's in the kernel-source package. If you're seeing issues with this
combination (and I can't tell if this is the case or not from the
original post), then please do file a bug. The 1.9.9e release didn't
have this removed, so if you were using an old version of the package
try the latest one.

J. (kernel-patch-2.4-grsecurity maintainer)

--
                 |  Allow me to introduce my selves.  |