Re: Putting Apache, PHP, Tomcat and CGI in a jail

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 18:19:43 +0100
Stefano Salvi <s.salvi@libero.it> wrote:

> Makejail from testing has a script about apache, but does it support Tomcat
> and PHP4?
> And how about CGIs?

It supports php and CGIs, I've tested it with a search engine with php/mysql,
I'm about to use it for phpnuke. To help apache access the needed files you can
put in the option "testCommandsOutsideJail" some commands which request
these pages (wget ...)

You can include some packages like php modules in the option "packages" or
directories/files with "forceCopy" to move these files and the shared libs they
need, if you aren't sure the test commands access all the files you'll need, and
you won't have to update the jail when you add a feature which needs a new
file (for example the directories with apache modules, or all phpnuke)

For tomcat or anything else, there is currently no reason why it shouldn't work,
there may be some bugs but no unsupported features afaik.

Alain