Re: Updating Snort Signatures In Stable ?

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 04:36:08PM -0200, Gustavo Franco wrote:

> No, you can't rebuild snort version from unstable.

Who can't?  You can't?  I just did, and it was not only possible, but easy.

apt-get build-dep snort && apt-get source -b snort

> And the snort updates?

Yes, they are built from the same source package.

> The best alternative for you is apt-pinning feature, you can read more
> about it at apt-howto[1].

Nope.  I know how to use apt, thank you very much.  And I prefer not to
install unstable glibc on my stable systems.

--
 - mdz