Re: File system integrity checkers - comparison?

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 00:44, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at this triade:
> 	Tripwire
> 	Aide
> 	Fcheck
> and was wondering as to what this group is prefering and why or whether there are other more trusted alternatives.
> My main argument ageinst tripwire is it's pseudo-commercial source.

A online database with md5sums of systems:
http://www.knowngoods.org/index.php

The bad thing that they still have only Debian 2.2r5 md5sums.

You can try the file integrity checker of them at:
http://osiris.shmoo.com/

cya,
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus@acm.org>