Re: test of non-subscribed user

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 05:37:54PM +0100, IT - Sven Mueller remarked:

> On Monday 02 December 2002 16:43, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> > On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 03:21:28PM +0100, IT - Sven Mueller wrote:
> > > However, I am not really able to tell why this kind of
> > > users is allowed to post here. A pointer to a previous
> > > discussion would be enough for me, but I couldn't find one
> > > in the archives (maybe I'm using the wrong keywords in the
> > > search).

> > It's in the archives, but here's a brief recap:
> >
> > Scenario 1.
> >
> > You are a debian user, but you don't subscribe to any debian
> > lists.  Suddenly you suspect you have a security issue.  You
> > immediately dash off an email to the debian-security list
> > hoping someone there will be able to help you.

> Well, in this case, I would realy advise that person to
> subscribe to the list, as replies usually go (just) there.
> Especially discussions (if any arrise) will happen there and
> not include any additional CCs to the original poster.

> > Scenario 2,
> >
> > You are not a debian user, nor will you ever be one (perhaps
> > you are a BSD person, or a redhat zealot; whatever).  You
> > find out about a vulnerability and decide to let the world
> > know about it.  Of course, one of the lists you post to is
> > debian-security.

> This seems to be a better example to me. Accepted as a (very)
> valid reason.
> ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Sven Müller
> - IT - Network&Infrastructure -

This makes sense to me, so I can accept the Spam I receive
through the debian lists.  One thing I'm still unclear about
though is the recent post from someone who requested that people
*not* report Spam received through the debian lists to Razor.  I
have set up a Mutt hotkey to report Spam to Razor, and I confess
I don't really understand why any and all Spam should not be
reported.

Can anyone enlighten me, or is there a FAQ I should be reading
instead?

TIA,
Raymond