Re: test of non-subscribed user

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 23:48, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

[why non-subscribed users are allowed to post to the list is a FAQ, but
 there is no compiled FAQ on this list which covers that question]

> > > No need to dredge up an old topic.  However, I could
> > > not find a FAQ for this list?  Does one exist?
> >
> > not a faq, but i think solutions disscussed here go there:
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#securing
>
> 	If time permits :)

Well, that manual is certainly interesting, but it doesn't cover the original
question: Why are non-subscribed posters allowed on all debian lists?
Answering part of the question to myself, some of these lists are monitored by
the the debian bts as far as I know, and it makes sense for those lists to
allow posts from non-subscribed adresses.
However, I am not really able to tell why this kind of users is allowed to
post here. A pointer to a previous discussion would be enough for me, but I
couldn't find one in the archives (maybe I'm using the wrong keywords in the
search).

Regards,

Sven Müller
- IT - Network&Infrastructure -

--
* Heinrich Berndes Haushaltstechnik GmbH & Co KG
* Wiebelsheidestrasse 55, 59757 Arnsberg, Germany