Re: XFree86 4.2 bug in Debian Testing

>From Norbert Preining on Friday, 08 November, 2002:
>I think that vim-gtk tries to open a window, recognizes that this
>doesn't work (authorization) and starts normal text mode vi.

Probably the easiest way to do this is, instead of using su/sudo, run
  ssh -X localhost.  It'll tunnel your X apps back over the tunnel.  Not
  as efficient,  but it'll solve permissions problems.  Or, you
  can have root snag your user .Xauthority file to steal the user cookies.
  Then you can just set display:0.0.

-Joseph

--
"As far as Microsoft, we will never take a company lightly that can put