Re: XFree86 4.2 bug in Debian Testing

On Fre, 08 Nov 2002, Steve Johnson wrote:
> No, but I have noticed when i open an xterm, su to root and run
> vi(vim-gtk), whenever I quit vi, i get this.

> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
> myhost:#
>
> Probably not related, but it seems weird to me, cause it only does this
> in vi, and vi shouldn't be connecting to the xterminal, or it it?

I think that vim-gtk tries to open a window, recognizes that this
doesn't work (authorization) and starts normal text mode vi.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
HOGGESTON (n.)

The action of overshaking a pair of dice in a cup in the mistaken
belief that this will affect the eventual outcome in your favour and
not irritate everyone else.

			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff