Re: ROUTEUR ET IDENTD

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 03:15:16PM -0400, Chris Lewis wrote:
> I don't mean this to be sarcastic.
> .. it may have been attempted or may already exist - I am
> internationally ignorant, though wish I were not so
> .. why do we not have an RFC that documents the Official
> (Written/Typed) Language of Communications for the World - On the
> Internet?
>
> Would we have an internet if we had not found a way to formalize the
> way we communicate?
> Ignore me if you think I am silly - but I would learn a new language
> .. like Latin it would largly be a written language, but in time it
> could be spoken.
>
> If you know that this already exists I would love to know what the
> number is.  :-{

Historically there is basically one reason why people speak a second language:
Business and the money and power it gets you.

Although other good reasons may exist, an RFC quite frankly and
decisively isn't one. Who cares about those?

Although I share your wish to be able to communicate with everybody
on the planet and also would be willing to learn a new language I
do hope that English remains the common language for the
communities I am part of. You speak of Latin which would suit me,
but that choice would really be western centered. I guess and fear some Asian
language, perhaps Chinese should be the language of choice.

No, let's stick with English. Not spoken in the mother tongue by
most, but most peoples at least speak a bit of it.

Doei,

Bob