Re: ROUTEUR ET IDENTD

It would be convenient for me to agree to US English as a standard
since that is what I know.  Though a Canadian I prefer the American
spelling of words. I think it would be cumbersom, but I am fluent in
'c', as suggested by another note.

While I did not articulate it well, I was suggesting a language
devised from usage, agreement, consensus reality - sharing.  A kind
of mix of languages -- formalized in a standard that was viewable,
readable by everyone.  There are too many different languages to
learn them all and so I learn none other than my own.

I would have to say yes, partially, to all of the other languages
suggested, especially Esperanto but since we are not using them
something must obviously be missing.  I am not very familiar with
these languages either -- I have been lazy.

I suppose the reason that I questioned it at all is that I do not
know how to justify English as the standard.  I have noticed
recently that language is more deeply bound to thought than I had
realized.  ... sorry sounds a little too much like 1984.

There is a part of me that likes to invent new words -- currently
they are only my words because no one else knows what they mean.

Chris Lewis
Thanks for the info.