Re: shutdown user and accountability

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 05:59:40PM +0000, Niall Walsh wrote:
> Carel Fellinger wrote:
> >On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 10:37:24AM +0000, Niall Walsh wrote:
> >>I can't resist it!
> >me too:)
> >>Add a usb digital camera to the box and only allow people who are not
> >I've thought of this too, but rejected it because it's soooo easy to
> >circumvent, just place your hand in front of the camera.
> Not if they don't know where it is or even that it exists :-)   I'd be
> sneeking it into the case perhaps so it looks out a drive bay or else
> building it into something.   Also you could use a capture card hooked
> up to a pin hole camera and for completeness (but system performance
> thrashing) use motion detection to make sure you get them before they
> get the hand in place!

    Have the camera take 1 shot every second (or .5 seconds) and save
    them in a round-robin naming fashion e.g.:

    shot1.jpg, shot2.jpg, shot3.jpg...shot10.jpg, shot1.jpg, and then
    have an init-script move the directory they are in to something like
    pic.old/.

    That way you have the last 5-10 seconds on the machines life.

    Yeah, this is getting seriously rube-goldberg.

--
Share and Enjoy.