Re: password expire and sshd doesn't allow ppl to change it

>It resulted in me getting the whole OpenSSH, OpenSSL and zlib,
>compiling and putting it under a new directory
>/usr/local/noapt/ to avoid collisions with apt-get.
>
>Is there a clean way of upgrading the SSH package and avoid the
>conflicts?

Add a deb-src line to /etc/apt/sources.list, pointing to unstable,
something like:
deb-src ftp://ftp.fti.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable non-US/main
non-US/contrib non-US/non-free

Then, do
apt-get update
apt-get -b source ssh

Quite likely the build fails first if you don't have all the libraries
and -dev packets the build needs. You can continue in openssh-2.9b2
directory with dpkg-buildpackage, for example.

This leaves you with custom ssh packages: this is the only way until
the new version is backported.

--
       /"\                           |    Ilkka Tuohela / Nixu Oy
       \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign |    ilkka.tuohela@nixu.com