Re: red worm amusement

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 01:32:00AM -0600, Hubert Chan wrote:

> I'm not sure that would be an effective warning, and it may even be
> confusing to people, as it does not indicate that there is a potential
> security risk, but just tells them to read the security pages.

Hmmm, silly me referenced http://www.debian.org/security/ before I looked
at it.  I assumed there would at least be some links to more security
information, as the first thing it says is "Debian takes security very
seriously."  Then it goes on to talk about reactive security, not
proactive security.

> Or something like exim, where you configure it in the installation
> process, before it gets started.

At least it lets you set it up for local service only.

<jakemsr@clipper.net>