Re: red worm amusement

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 12:09:07AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 07:52:26PM -0700, Tim Uckun wrote:
> > You really can not blame people for not hiring
> > "expensive unix sysadmins" and letting some semi competent windows user run
> > the NT network.
>
> oh? and whyever not?  its this blatent irreponsibilty that we have
> such a mess security wise on the internet today.

Blatant irresponsibility, hmmm ...

Perhaps Debian should follow the example of OpenBSD, and not start
possibly dangerous services by default.  It's really easy to install
Debian and have all kinds of services running immediately.  I doubt
everyone who is running servers on Debain (by choosing to do so during
the 'oh so easy' installation) really knows what they're doing.

<jakemsr@clipper.net>