Re: red worm amusement

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> For amusement I checked the web logs for a few debian machines to see
> if they had some red worm attempts. Seems we've been probed a fair
> bit: 16 times on www.spi-inc.org, 22 on non-us.debian.org and 18
> on www.debian.org. Almost all attempts were made on July 19. Aren't
> we glad we all run Linux? :)

Really? As if linux has not had it's worms?

I think blaming Windows here is a tad bit short sighted. What we
hopefully can be glad for is that most of the people on this list
(hopefully) is good at upgrading their systems.

Code Red's success should as far as I can see mostly be contributed to
stupid admins, and unfortunatly we also have stupid admins running
Linux.

But of course, we're all glad we are running Linux:) But maybe not
because of that (quite well written) piece of malware...

(is it fair to say that we have the better system, and that they have
the better worms? :)

-sig

--
Sigurd Urdahl                           sigurdur@linpro.no