Re: secure install

> > Is there a way to prevent the installation of those packages? Why are
> > these installed? Where is it configured?
> Assuming you use dselect, it'll automatically select any Standard
> priority packages. Personally, for secure installs, I start by doing a
> bare minimal install (just the packages in base2_2.tgz) and then
> apt-get install any other packages on an as-needed basis.

Does that mean that if someone installs a package with dselect, dselect
will in any case install all those unwanted packages?
If I understand what you mean, you may not use dselect to install
packages, or you'll get some unwanted packages installed. Is that right?

   Open Source and Free Software Developers Meeting
         3rd and 4th february 2001, Brussels
Visit http://www.osdem.org and subscribe to the mailing list!