Re: task-unstable-security-updates?

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 08:21:10AM -0500, Itai Zukerman wrote:
> > The answer is just to watch one single list - debian-security-announce.
> > That's what it's for :)
>
> I'm not sure I understand the reasoning here.  If the answer is to
> watch the debian-security-announce list, then what prevents someone
> watching the list from maintaining the proposed virtual package?

watching the security-announce list is done by the admin/user of the
system, maintaining a virtual package is done by busy debian
developers who have too much to do as it is.

Those who choose to run unstable choose to take upon themselves
more responsibility/inconvenience, if they are unwilling to bear that
burden they should not run unstable.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/