Re: DD ping [Brutespray]

Hello Samuel,

> > > 2) "P: brutespray source: rules-requires-root-missing" Lintian is
> > > complaining about this[0], I know it's pedantic but it's nice to have,
> > > tell me if you have questions on how to address it.
> >
> > Thanks, If you could show me how to use diffoscope properly, to make
> > sure everything's okay, I wouldn't say no... :)
>
> Alright, so it's fairly simple, diffoscope is available under the
> diffoscope package, and what you need to do is build the package
> twice: one time with the package as it is, and one time with the
> "rules require root" change, then you run diffoscope against the two
> different .debs that you produced, if the output is empty, then you
> know that the change didn't affect the binaries and thus it's fine.
>
> If there are any differences, then you know you can't apply the change
> and you don't need to investigate why, but this case is very rare from
> what I've seen.

Thank you for your explanations Samuel.
I've just tested and I don't actually see any difference between both
generated packages, so it seems ok to me.
I've also updated the CHANGELOG.md file which now correctly lists
version 1.6.7 according to upstream
(https://github.com/x90skysn3k/brutespray/issues/39)

Best regards,
Stephane