Re: DD ping [Brutespray]

Hello Stéphane,

> > 2) "P: brutespray source: rules-requires-root-missing" Lintian is
> > complaining about this[0], I know it's pedantic but it's nice to have,
> > tell me if you have questions on how to address it.
>
> Thanks, If you could show me how to use diffoscope properly, to make
> sure everything's okay, I wouldn't say no... :)

Alright, so it's fairly simple, diffoscope is available under the
diffoscope package, and what you need to do is build the package
twice: one time with the package as it is, and one time with the
"rules require root" change, then you run diffoscope against the two
different .debs that you produced, if the output is empty, then you
know that the change didn't affect the binaries and thus it's fine.

If there are any differences, then you know you can't apply the change
and you don't need to investigate why, but this case is very rare from
what I've seen.

Regards,

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>