Re: radare2-cutter initial upload; possible radare2 update?

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 12:32:28AM +0100, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> * Sebastian Reichel:
>
> > Thanks, for taking care of this. I'm currently a bit short on time.
> > I noticed, that you enabled OpenSSL, which is not ok.
>
> Right. Will revert that right away, now that my upload has been accepted
> into unstable.
>
> > Also I think we should switch to upstream soname (3.2.1), which plains
> > the way to use meson instead of their own build system.
>
> As long as upstream keeps their ABI stable across patchlevel releases,
> I see no reason for doing that.

upstream does not guarantee any ABI stability. This needs to be checked
downstream (i.e. the maintainer importing the updated release).

> Couldn't we also override the soname picked by the meson
> buildsystem?

I think that requires patching the build system. FWIW I rebased my
meson patch on top of your changes and pushed it into an extra
branch:

https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-security-team/radare2/tree/meson

It works, but uses upstream's soname.

-- Sebastian