Re: shiny-server in debian

Hi again,

Thank you Nilesh for explaining why we can't have the example files
placed in /srv automatically. It's not critical. I see in that
document that asking the user for permission to make the links would
be allowed, this to me sounds like a good solution/compromise.

After much exploration, I have made some good progress in
troubleshooting the errors.

The console error of missing __assets__/sockjs-0.3.4.min.js is because
libjs-sockjs needs to be included as a dependency of shiny-server.
When I manually apt install libjs-sockjs, that error went away.

The other missing file in the console I am seeing is
___assets___/shiny-server-client.min.js. This is a file that gets
installed with node-shiny-server-client. I was able to make this error
go away by copying the entire directory
/usr/share/node-js/shiny-server-client/ to a new directory
/usr/lib/shiny-server/node_modules/shiny-server-client/.

The above 2 fixes made the console errors go away. One of my apps now
works as expected. The other one is not quite working as expected, but
is not crashing or throwing errors. I wonder if it may relate to
shiny-server and node-shiny-server-client being older versions.

By the way, node-send is now updated and in unstable, resolving the
bug. Nilesh's node-rewire and node-sockjs are in NEW.

Best,
Eric

--
Eric Brown MD MSc FRCPC
For encryption, OpenPGP public key available on request.