Re: CMake-induced breakage [was Re: Team upload policy]

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 6:56 AM Timo Röhling <roehling@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Gard,
>
> * Gard Spreemann <gspr@nonempty.org> [2021-09-16 12:38]:
> >Off-topic, but: where can I read about this problem?
> Starting with CMake 3.19, you get a deprecation warning on stderr if
> cmake_minimum_required() asks for a version below 2.8.12. This will
> break autopkgtests unless they run with Restrictions: allow-stderr.

CMake upstream here. CMake 2.8.12 is *very* old, and it is likely that
we will eventually remove support for < 2.8.12 altogether, resulting
in errors (rather than just deprecation warnings) if you specify such
an old version in cmake_minimum_required(). I would suggest updating
the autopkgtests to request a newer CMake version.

Kyle