Re: Team upload policy

Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org> writes:

> The Python Team policy looks sensible to me.
>
> Any member of the team should be able to fix and upload any team package
> in general.  That helps spread the load and keeps the packages fresh.
>
> But reasonable also to have a stronger oversight model (the weak
> collaboration case) if a particular package is more tricky and needs
> more care.

It's only my personal opinion, but I prefer a simpler model where people
just maintain packages outside the team if they don't want others to
upload them (except via NMU). I have several packages in
salsa.debian.org/bremner, and it works fine for me.  But if people overall feel
there is a net benefit to having such packages under the team umbrella,
OK. I'm only a very tenuous participant in the team, so don't give my
preferences too much weight (unless they are also your preferences!).