Re: Packaging xsimd

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 at 15:39, Julien Lamy <lamy@unistra.fr> wrote:

Good to know. I've run salsa-ci on Gitlab.com and everything comes out
OK. If the package looks good to you, I'd welcome the sponsored upload;
the package being a header-only C++ library, the build should take less
than a minute.

I enabled Build-Time tests with nocheck, it seems to pass. However a couple of questions:

* The Readme here[1] says that it needs -march=native to be able to use this. This is a baseline violation.
   It is also a problem if build-time tests run on a baseline amd64 machine. Is it suitable only for CPUs which have AVX?

* Is this portable to arches other than x86 and arm?

* Readme has instructions to build documentation, and you have added Build Depends as well, to build it. However they are neither built nor installed.
   If you think building and installing docs make sense, could you fix it? Please install docs in a separate binary package if so.

[1]: https://github.com/xtensor-stack/xsimd#readme

Nilesh