Re: Packaging xsimd

Hi Nilesh

Le 22/04/2021 à 11:23, Nilesh Patra a écrit :
Hi Julien,

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 at 11:51, Julien Lamy <lamy@unistra.fr <mailto:lamy@unistra.fr>> wrote:

    Dear all,
    I'm working on a project which depends on xsimd, a C++ wrapper for SIMD
    instructions (https://github.com/xtensor-stack/xsimd/
    <https://github.com/xtensor-stack/xsimd/>) and noticed that
    there is an old RFP for it (#867915), mentioning a maintenance by
    debian-science. I've created a first draft for this package and pushed
    it on Salsa (https://salsa.debian.org/lamy-guest/xsimd
    <https://salsa.debian.org/lamy-guest/xsimd>): if you're
    interested, I'd be glad to join the team and maintain xsimd in
    coordination with debian-science.

I have added you to the science team, please push your changes to the science-team namespace.
Welcome onboard \o/

Thanks! The full repo (including upstream and pristine-tar branches) is now on science-team/xsimd.

    I'm not a DM, although I have done
    previous packaging work with the Debian-Med team, and I realize that
    the
    hard freeze makes this very low priority and will prevent any upload of
    this package before the effective release of Bullseye.

Not really. Upload for packages which are not in testing can be done, and accpeted. New packages targeting unstable is absolutely OK. It's just that they won't migrate to testing until bullseye is out. That said, I'll happily sponsor you an upload (I hope the build is extremely resource consuming)

Good to know. I've run salsa-ci on Gitlab.com and everything comes out OK. If the package looks good to you, I'd welcome the sponsored upload; the package being a header-only C++ library, the build should take less than a minute.

--
Julien