Re: [covid-19] Reviving tensorflow packaging effort (Was: Missing dependancies for streamlit)
On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 10:20:32AM +0000, Mo Zhou wrote:
> Is there any COVID-19 package using pytorch blocked due to its absense?
I admit I can not say without doing detailed research on the set of
> A good news is that I've managed to strip the whole third_party/
> directory of src:pytorch, and started to forward my patches to upstream.
> When all my modifications entered the upstream repo, I'll be quite
> confident that our src:pytorch package can enter the archive without
> any (annoying) embedded sources .
> What I'm doing now is to wait for the upstream to merge my commits, and
> for the ftp-masters to accept my NEW dependency packages.
> In that sense, I'd like to take the COVID-19 shortcut to pass NEW
> quickly, if any COVID-19 related package needs pytorch.
Frankly speaking: A lot of the relevant high level tools of
epidemiology are using deep learning technologies. So its not really
wrong to say its relevant for COVID-19 fighting.
> --- According to my status page
> these are the NEW dependency packages:
> I'll start to re-debianize src:pytorch from scratch when all of my
> commits had been upstreamed.
> --- all of my on-going work are publically available:
Cool. I've added this to the Blends machine-readable gatherer since
several interesting Blends packages are there. It would be great if
you could add these to the according Debian Science and Debian Med
BTW, what might be interesting for you: Olek is very actively working
> https://github.com/cdluminate/pytorch (messy, not rebased yet)
> The links to my PRs can be found on 
>  https://github.com/pytorch/pytorch/issues/14699
>  Finally, we will have a modern deep learning framework in the
> archive. It's better than having nothing even if I'm working on the
> cpu-only (free) version.
Thanks a lot for all your work. Its extremely helpful.