Re: Missing dependancies for streamlit

Hi Rebecca,

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 08:56:45AM +0100, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> tensorflow 1.10 was packaged in experimental, but with reduced performance,
> and was removed because this was considered not worth it:

Ah I simply forgot this.  Thanks for refreshing my mind.

> streamlit requires tensorflow only for testing:
> https://github.com/streamlit/streamlit/blob/develop/lib/Pipfile
>
> I don't know if it makes sense to package streamlit with the
> tensorflow-requiring tests disabled, or would be better to give up on it.
> (Given why we want it, we _really_ don't want a broken version.)

I'm unsure here.  Since we want streamlit as a precondition for another
chime[1] we could consider chime running sensibly as an alternative test.

So while I'd definitely love to have tensorflow packaged also for other
reasons if we can avoid it for the moment that could be helpful.

> debian-science and/or debian-python would be reasonable places to discuss
> this further.

+1 (debian-science in CC)

[1] https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/covid-19#chime