Re: Missing dependancies for streamlit

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 11:49:07AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 08:56:45AM +0100, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> > tensorflow 1.10 was packaged in experimental, but with reduced performance,
> > and was removed because this was considered not worth it:
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=935769
>
> Ah I simply forgot this.  Thanks for refreshing my mind.

After that I tried to refresh the packaging and uploaded tensorflow 2.0
to the NEW queue. The ftp-master complained about the embedded snapshot
version of Eigen3. Ftp-masters are not convinced even if I said
tensorflow FTBFS against the version shipped in our archive, and it
could waste lots of my time and energy to patch the related code.

I was so angry at that time so I deleted my name from the maintainers
and wrote the git message "I'm dropping this burden.".

So another kind notice for whoever is willing to take over tensorflow:
also be prepared to fuss with ftp-master.