Re: ROS: catkin and ROS_PACKAGE_PATH

Hi Jorg,

* Jörg <jkur+debian-science@corsario.org> [2018-07-15 22:14]:
When i recompiled my bigger workspaces (ros-desktop, moveit) suddenly cmake
doesn't find all include directories (e.g Eigen and OGRE) anymore.

For libeigen i could add ${EIGEN_INCLUDE_DIRS} to include_dirs() but for OGRE
this doesn't work.

That's an upstream bug here:

https://github.com/ros-perception/laser_geometry/pull/37

I will fix it in unstable after the current ros-ros-comm transition.

And i think it's not right, since these packages are used elsewhere. It unlikely
that they miss important entries in there package.xml or CMakeLists.txt.

I've made a test with a small package: rviz_visual_tools

$ rosinstall_generator rviz_visual_tools  --rosdistro melodic --exclude RPP --exclude-path /usr/share --deps --wet-only > test.rosinstall
$ wstool init -j 8 src test.rosinstall
$ catkin_make
[...]
[ 45%] Building CXX object rviz_visual_tools/CMakeFiles/rviz_visual_tools_gui.dir/src/key_tool.cpp.o
/home/jkur/ros-rviz/src/rviz_visual_tools/src/key_tool.cpp:30:10: fatal error: OgreRay.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
#include <OgreRay.h>
compilation terminated.

$ ls -l /usr/include/OGRE/*Ray.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4614 Dez  1  2013 /usr/include/OGRE/OgreRay.h

This is an upstream bug, I've send a patch here:

https://github.com/PickNikRobotics/rviz_visual_tools/pull/88

Cheers Jochen