Re: mpi-defaults: Incorrect debian/1.9 tag

On 05/02/2018 16:18, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 12:48:31PM +0000, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
>> I think we also need to change powerpc and ppc64 to mpich, as of openmpi3:
> Remember that switching a default mpi requires a library transition, and
> an ordered rebuild of all rdeps.
>
> I've added a README.source with such info.

True, and thanks.

I've just finished a rebuild of all rdeps against openmpi 3.0.1rc2, and
it looks good; just one small patch needed for python-escript (assumes
version numbers are always digits), nwchem FTBFS.

It looks like openmpi 3.0.1 will be out in a few days. Will test it,
then ask for transition permission.

regards
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry, <alastair@sceal.ie>, <mckinstry@debian.org>, https://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry
Commander Vimes didn’t like the phrase “The innocent have nothing to fear,”