Re: request for reviews/sponsorship

Hi Sebastian,

since you did not got any answer for your mail that definitely deserves
it, I'll step in here.

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 12:28:39PM -0700, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
> Hello Debian Scientists, I'm an aspiring maintainer looking for feedback on
> a package I've made.  I hope that debian-science is a reasonable place to
> ask for this favor (I'm also asking on debian-mentors).
>
> I'm interested in personal fabrication technologies, and to that end I've
> packaged dxf2gcode, a CAM program that takes 2d drawings of parts and
> produces g-code for running on CNC mills and lathes.  (This software is a
> bit like a slicer for 3d printing, but targets subtractive fabrication
> techniques instead of additive.)
>
> Here is my ITP:  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=888298
>
> Here is my package on mentors.d.n:
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/dxf2gcode
>
> And here is my RFS (which I should have used the mentors.d.n RFS template
> for, but didn't): https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=888526

I confirm that you have choosen the correct procedure to ask for
sponsoring by using mentors.d.n and ask on a potentially interested
mailing list.

I have some additional constraints which I have basically set to safe
myself from taking up to many sponsorships.  One constraint is that I
only sponsor from some team Git repository (for instance from Debian
Science[1]).  Another constraint is that the package needs to fit into
some Blend.  That's why I have set a "Sponsering of Blends" Wiki page[2]
where you get more detailed information about Blends and the "rules" of
SoB.  So you somehow need to find a task your package might fit into
be it either in the Debian Science Blend[3] or what might also fit the
3dprinter Blend[4].

Just respond to this mail on list in case you need more information
about Blends.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/science-team
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB
[3] https://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/