Re: Re: science-optimisation (Was: About the sense of removing -march=native)

> I was also immediately convinced that DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=custom is the
> better interface.

`apt-build` (an orphaned package) is also a good reference
for doing -march=native rebuilds.
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/apt-build

One of the DKMS upstream maintainers told me that we can
do anything we want with DKMS, but we'd better not to abuse DKMS.

> Once we know whether it makes sense to dive into this we can decide
> what technique to use.

Gentoo guys will be interested in the performance research, since
they regard "-march" as the "most important option", and didn't mention
"how important the option is", or "how faster the optimized binary will
be". Reference:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Stage#Configuring_compile_options
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GCC_optimization#-march

I was confused by the observation (the 6x difference on 6900k) too
and I only changed the openblas package at that time. Still
investigating the root of that weird trouble ...