Re: New GitLab-Salsa service and Debian-Science Team

Hi David,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 08:38:33AM -0400, David Bremner wrote:
> > I *really* hope that there will be a solution which does not need any
> > VCS-field replacement.  I'm pretty bored by replacing VCS-fields every
> > third year (or so).
>
> I sympathize with your boredom (although that is really something
> doesn't need an upload by itself). My understanding is that the current
> plan is not have any alias for salsa, so some change will be needed.

If there is no alias for salsa, we'll need an upload.  Otherwise UDD
will feature wrong VCS URLs and all Blends pages become wrong.  Its not
only that I'm bored but there are several services relying on that
information.  My point is that I'm simply questioning the current plan.