Re: Bug #866601: RFS: segyio package is ready

Sorry for any noise on the commit mailing lists, I misread a few things in the instructions and had to re-commit the entire packaging repository.

The package seems to be up & running in the debian-science/packages repo, and I've uploaded a fresh build to mentors. I'm looking into adding it to a meta package, but hopefully the packaging itself is now up to standards. If not, please let me know what I can do to fix it.

Thanks!
From: Jørgen Kvalsvik
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:26:45 PM
To: Sébastien Villemot
Cc: debian-science@lists.debian.org; package-sponsorship-requests@lists.debian.org; Nicolas Boulenguez
Subject: Re: Bug #866601: RFS: segyio package is ready

> I am willing to sponsor your package if you accept to put it under the Debian
Science Team umbrella.

Thank you! I have no problems at all putting segyio under Debian science.

> I quickly looked at your packaging and it looks good. One point: you put your
packaging under the GPL, while upstream code is under the LGPL. Even though I
am a strong GPL-advocate, this may not be the right choice: this means that
patches that you contribute will not be under a license suitable for upstream.
So the recommended practice is to use the same license in the packaging as
upstream, but in the last analysis this is your call.

I don't mind switching to LGPL for the packaging, if it makes patching easier for everyone, so I'll fix this immediately.

I'll read the packaging policy carefully and hopefully fix all packaging issues by tonight or tomorrow afternoon.