Re: Upcoming new round of R package rebuilds [FWD: [Rd] R-devel object header changes that require reinstalling packages]

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 03:25:56PM +0200, Johannes Ranke wrote:
> > The whole bug report was, pardon my French, complete and utter nonsense.
>
> Wow. Complete and utter. A bug report affecting 100+ packages that was merged
> with two independent bug reports (861684, 862969). And that took from 27 April
> to 9 September to get fixed. I think the French are more friendly than your
> terminology here :) I will shut up now. Have a good day everyone!

Dirk, in this transition process you told a lot of people not nice words
instead of following the established transition process in Debian.  If I
were you I would make myself comfortable with the transition process
inside Debian in order to avoid a lot of personal friction.

Precisely I would like you to reconsider your answer

   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=868558#231

that it might be possibly you who misunderstood Developers Reference.
(Admitting that you always confuse this with Debian Policy is something
that makes me shiver, honestly.)  Please re-read and make sure the next
transition will not end up in the same manner.

Thank you for considering and thanks as well for all your work on
Debian's R infrastructure.