Re: Why does r-cran-rcppgsl not migrate to testing?

On 6 September 2017 at 22:48, Andreas Tille wrote:
| [Chris, I took the freedom to move r-cran-mcmc to Debian Science
|  team since I had the impression that this would generally OK for
|  you.]
|
| Hi Dirk,
|
| On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 10:17:04AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > | Is there any list of affected packages?
| >
| > I gave this URL about half a dozen times:
| >
| >   http://eddelbuettel.github.io/rcppapt/binnmuAfterR340.html
|
| Well, you know from own experience that not all information is reaching
| the target audience.  It might have helped to address Debian Science and
| Debian Med team to make some more noise.
|
| > It contains the list, as well as a way to compute it.
|
| The list is not fully up to date.  I recently uploaded a new version of
| r-cran-randomfields which remains inside the list.  I need to admit a
| shorter page which points directly to tasks to do which is up to date
| would be more motivating to lend a helping hand.
|
| I just uploaded
|
|    r-cran-spdep
|    r-cran-gam
|    r-cran-mcmc
|
| I'll see what I can do the next couple of days on Debian Med and
| Debian Science packages.
|
| > | I intend to refresh with new upstream sources anyway in the next couple of days.  May be we can do
| > | real uploads of most of the packages ourselves?
| >
| > Please do. Being behind upstream is essentially never a good idea.
|
| I'd prefer if you would leave out at least every second chance to repeat
| this.  We could talk about this once somebody might pay somebody to
| follow each and every update of any random R package.

I may once you start to maintain them -- instead of just hoarding them Take
but one example: https://packages.debian.org/sid/r-cran-data.table

Exactly who is served by not updating one of the more widely used to package
to one of the two releases that happened _this calendar year_ ?

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org