Re: Why does r-cran-rcppgsl not migrate to testing?

[Chris, I took the freedom to move r-cran-mcmc to Debian Science
 team since I had the impression that this would generally OK for
 you.]

Hi Dirk,

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 10:17:04AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> | Is there any list of affected packages?
>
> I gave this URL about half a dozen times:
>
>   http://eddelbuettel.github.io/rcppapt/binnmuAfterR340.html

Well, you know from own experience that not all information is reaching
the target audience.  It might have helped to address Debian Science and
Debian Med team to make some more noise.

> It contains the list, as well as a way to compute it.

The list is not fully up to date.  I recently uploaded a new version of
r-cran-randomfields which remains inside the list.  I need to admit a
shorter page which points directly to tasks to do which is up to date
would be more motivating to lend a helping hand.

I just uploaded

   r-cran-spdep
   r-cran-gam
   r-cran-mcmc

I'll see what I can do the next couple of days on Debian Med and
Debian Science packages.

> | I intend to refresh with new upstream sources anyway in the next couple of days.  May be we can do
> | real uploads of most of the packages ourselves?
>
> Please do. Being behind upstream is essentially never a good idea.

I'd prefer if you would leave out at least every second chance to repeat
this.  We could talk about this once somebody might pay somebody to
follow each and every update of any random R package.