Re: Question about packaging projectchrono and duplicated source code

Le 2017-05-03 07:56, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda a écrit :
On 02/05/17 22:39, dada wrote:

[....]

Hello, I push a first version of the projectchrono package.
See ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/projectchrono.git

please, push pristine-tar branch.
Hello, that's done,

Some observations :

- The embedded bullet source files are located at 'src/chrono/collisionbullet'
   and 'src/chrono/collision/gimpact'

- If you compare the main stream source of bullet and the projectchrono bullet files, a lot of them are identical. However some difference exists. Even if the difference are small it makes the andreas' solution very
   difficult.

- Several modules are provided but I would like to focus only on the src/chrono
   module first.

- At that time, I put information in d/copyright only for src/chrono files.

- The 'src/chrono_thirdparty' contains some sources already packaged by debian.

- Excepted the 'tinyobjloader', these third party source files are not necessary
   to compile the main module 'src/chrono'

- I sent an email to the projectchrono upstream authors, I think they will be
pleased
   to help us...

great !!!

At that time, I don't document myself on how to package dynamic libraries. I
will do
it in the next weeks.

I will try to make a prototype.
Thank you very much for your help, damien.

Best regards,

Leopold