Re: Question about packaging projectchrono and duplicated source code

Le 2017-05-02 08:49, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda a écrit :
On 02/05/17 08:21, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 08:10:29PM +0200, Anton Gladky wrote:
if it is really so, that the code forked, removed, edited, feel free
to let this embedded code be in the source of chronoengine. Please
do not forget to make a note in d/copyright.

Depending from the number of changes it might be worth considering to
provide the changes as patches against the upstream code and point
upstream to these. (I have not checked whether this method is feasible
in this actual case.)

Andreas,

that kind of code could be complicated. If Damien is correct, the number of
hours to make it doesn't justify the job. I propose to keep them as a
fork, and
in parallel try to contact both upstream to merge changes.

Damien, could you create the git repo for projectchrono in alioth and
work there?

Best regards,

Leopold

Hello, I push a first version of the projectchrono package.
See ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/projectchrono.git

Some observations :

- The embedded bullet source files are located at 'src/chrono/collisionbullet'
   and 'src/chrono/collision/gimpact'

- If you compare the main stream source of bullet and the projectchrono bullet files, a lot of them are identical. However some difference exists.
   Even if the difference are small it makes the andreas' solution very
   difficult.

- Several modules are provided but I would like to focus only on the src/chrono
   module first.

- At that time, I put information in d/copyright only for src/chrono files.

- The 'src/chrono_thirdparty' contains some sources already packaged by debian.

- Excepted the 'tinyobjloader', these third party source files are not necessary
   to compile the main module 'src/chrono'

- I sent an email to the projectchrono upstream authors, I think they will be pleased
   to help us...

At that time, I don't document myself on how to package dynamic libraries. I will do
it in the next weeks.

Best regards, Damien.