Re: proposal for a VTK meta-package

Am Mittwoch, den 19.10.2016, 19:15 +0200 schrieb Anton Gladky:

> > to the libvtkX-dev package that should be the default. I'm actually
> > in favor of this because it would also transitions easier later on
> > when the default switches.
> >
> > If nobody voices another opinion I'd prepare an upload that does
> > just that for libvtk6-dev.
>
> You can surely do it. The only question, whether it really makes
> sense to do it now, if we do not want to start the transition
> process, doing source uploads for all vtk-dependent packages. I would
> do it before we prepare vtk7. But it is up to you.

The dependency on  libvtk6-dev would  still be valid, so a transition
would not be needed, but it is true that it doesn't make much sense
right now before the freeze.

I assume, it is save to say that Stretch will not ship vtk7, right? -
and I agree that we should only start adding such a virtual package
when vtk7 will be prepared.

Best,
Gert