Re: proposal for a VTK meta-package

> to the libvtkX-dev package that should be the default. I'm actually in
> favor of this because it would also transitions easier later on when
> the default switches.
>
> If nobody voices another opinion I'd prepare an upload that does just
> that for libvtk6-dev.

You can surely do it. The only question, whether it really makes sense
to do it now, if we do not want to start the transition process, doing
source uploads for all vtk-dependent packages. I would do it before
we prepare vtk7. But it is up to you.

> You are very welcome to help maintaining these packages. I am still in
> the process to become a DD, which means I can not yet sponsor you, but
> there are certainly DDs in debian-science who can do this.

Co-maintaining of such large and complex packages like paraview and
vtk is always welcome.

Best regards

Anton